Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Here's a great letter from my husband's friend's nephew from Iraq!

Hello again from Iraq! I realize I am not very good at writing frequently, but I guess being in Iraq is a pretty good excuse. Things are still going pretty good for all of us. Some people have started going on their 2 week R&R leave, and 2 people have already come back from leave. We continue to find IEDs (roadside bombs) and eliminate them, making coalition routes safer for Americans, Coalition Forces and Iraqis. In case you didn’t hear it in the news, 800 Iraqis from Ramadi (near us) just signed up for the Iraqi Police. That is a great sign that they are no longer intimidated by the terrorists. The local population has also been providing the Iraqi Army, Iraqi Police and American Forces with much more information about terrorists and where IEDs are. Again, a great sign that we are making progress towards stability here.

Everyone in my squad continues to impress me with how well they perform, maintain their sanity, and how much they have all matured since we all first got together as a squad. We truly are a band of brothers. I will continue to post pictures of our adventures on the web (censured of course because of operational security). My pictures can be found at the following web link: http://photos.yahoo.com/bellbm02/. Well, that’s all for now. I hope you had a merry Christmas and are enjoy this New Year. Take care and thanks again for continuing to support the troops. Sincerely, SSG Brian Bell TF 321 (C-397) APO AE 09396

2 comments:

Tonto said...

no actually I don't but I will see if I can find out.

Anonymous said...

Tonto: Thanks for sharing the letter. I am going to link it. Folks need to read it.