Tuesday, January 16, 2007

No Way to Run A Business

I was searching for some boots today and found a place that has the biggest variety of boots, hats and other western wear I've ever seen in the area. As soon as I walked through the door, I knew I'd be dropping $200 - $300. Problem. Not a single person in the store spoke a word of english. The only world they understood from me was, "adios." Pity. Not only did they lose some business, I lost a source of western wear. Whatever happened to the melting pot?

3 comments:

Mark said...

That, and the form for reduced price lunches I got that was all in Spanish adds up to a huge potential problem in this country.

Illegal immigration must be stopped.

Anonymous said...

But...you're supposed to learn the language, LR!

Tonto said...

Have you heard the one about...Beckham's coach for Real Madrid in Spain said, "I am glad Beckham is moving to Los Angeles...now he will really have to learn Spanish."