Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All About Me

You know you've been neglecting your blog when your computer forgets your password. It's a different country since Obama took over. Not a day goes by when something outrageous doesn't happen. It's overwhelming.

****

SO, I've been hearing most of my life about Vegemite. It's sort of the unofficial snack of Australia. It's a dark brown paste made from brewers yeast left over from the beer-making process. It is usually eaten on toast.

I ordered some out of curiosity.

The small jar arrived today, totally shattered. But that's OK, because it's Vegemite. I inserted my little finger and managed to get a taste without eating any glass.

It tastes like salty, highly concentrated beer! No WONDER Australians are such heavy beer drinkers, they eat this stuff starting when they're old enough to chew!

There's another thing I can scratch off my spontaneous bucket list. Now, how do I get this taste out of my mouth?

****
I just opened my freezer and two White Castle cheeseburgers tumbled out. I guess that's what I'm having for dinner. Maybe that will do the trick.

****

On the professional front, I learned last week that I won an Excellence Award for my coverage of the Japan earthquake and tsunami. It came with a check for $1,000. That's my new iPhone and computer.

****

Nope, the burgers didn't do the trick. I'll have to try a slice of cherry cheesecake. Yeah, that's the ticket!

4 comments:

namaste said...

congratulations on your excellence award!

Lone Ranger said...

Funny thing is, I don't recall doing anything excellent. I just worked my butt off like I do whenever a major story breaks. And I breath a huge sigh of relief whenever something goes unhinged five minutes after I walk out the door. I'd hate to be accused of being dedicated.

sue hanes said...

LR - The year before last I had a White Castle cheeseburger - the last one I'll ever touch.

~~~

You sound like my 96 yr. old mother - she will eat a snack, let's say peanuts, then 9 snacks later she is still snacking to get the taste of the first snack out of her mouth.

You might say she is a snack binger - but amazingly healthy, and thin.

~~~

P.S. Your 'stuff my cat puts in her bowl' could be good if you would develop it.

Trader Rick said...

I don't trust anyone who doesn't appreciate sliders. I prefer them fresh if possible. I could never eat just two--that would be like an appetizer!!