Friday, September 10, 2010

Ginger Update


Ginger looked better tonight.  Willow has assumed the duty of waking me up at dinner time, and when I emerged from my bedroom, there was Ginger, sitting next to her bowl.  Her head is no longer twisted to one side, and although she is still unsteady on her feet, she didn't look like she would fall over at any second.  So, I'm hopeful she will recover.  I wonder if half a baby aspirin would help prevent another stroke.  I'll have to call her vet to ask.

Ginger did what all animals do when they are sick or injured; she retreated to the back of my closet to rest and heal.

Just last month I found a collie, two chickens and a dik dik back there.

Those who don't recover?  Pot pies.

Although dik dik pot pie might sound like a Cambodian boy-band, they are really delicious.

3 comments:

Cyndi L said...

Definitely talk to your vet before giving the aspirin. One of ours was on it, but couldn't tolerate it.

Mark said...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how she was.

Thanks for the comedy, too.

Jean said...

So glad to hear she's doing better.