Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Year Ago Today 11/28/05

A year ago on this date, I was feeling the loneliness of being an orphan and decided to get a cat, so I'd have a living creature to care for. Read that and then read this. I was right about two things. Ginger is running the place and pleasing her has become a hobby -- well, maybe more of a duty. It's like being married again. The whole carnivore thing didn't work out. I started her out on canned catfood, but she turned her nose up at it. So, I put out some tuna and she went for it. That's how it went for a few months while I tried out different brands and types of cat food. I also tried raw tuna, raw salmon, duck, anything I could think of. When she doesn't like something, she just sits down in front of her bowl and looks up at me as if saying, "You expect me to eat this?" I've narrowed it down to Meow Mix tuna with shrimp -- although, she leaves the shrimp behind. Same goes for toys. I've bought her everthing from balls to catnip mice to balloons. Nothing. What she really loves is watching ice melt. Whenever she hears me scooping ice into my canteen before work, she comes running in hopes that I'll drop a cube. Of course, I always do. Then she just sits there and stares at it until it's completely melted. Then she walks away. Sounds like my social life.

2 comments:

Lone Ranger said...

She looks big in this picture, but she's actually quite petite. And her meow is just a little squeak.

Lone Ranger said...

That's a little Iranian woman who works for that cat rescue place. At any one time she has about 19 cats.