Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Lone Ranger's Creed: The Moral Code Upheld by the Masked Man

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one. That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world. That God put the firewood there but that every man must gather and light it himself. In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right. That a man should make the most of what equipment he has. That 'This government, of the people, by the people and for the people' shall live always. That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number. That sooner or later ... somewhere ... somehow ... we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken. That all things change but truth, and that truth alone, lives on forever. In my Creator, my country, my fellow man."

I found this on a website...LR may have already posted this once before but it bears repeating...as I read it I thought maybe LR really is the "Lone Ranger"...this list certainly sounds like him!!!

3 comments:

Lone Ranger said...

You're a sweetie. Yes, the Lone Ranger's creed is one of the many things I've found helpful in my life. I posted it early on in my blogging hobby, along with the rules of life of some of my other heroes. I was SO lucky to have these role models when I was growing up, and when I reached adulthood, I saw no reason to abandon them as my heroes. I feel sorry for kids these days, who really have nobody suitable to emulate -- in many cases, not even their parents.

Trader Rick said...

Tonto, I seem to remeember something like that on the back of my Lone Ranger Savings Bond Club ID card. If I can find it, I'll post a pic on my blog for you. --Rick

Tonto said...

Thanks Rick...I'll stop by.