Monday, March 06, 2006

Nothing Left to Do but Take Home the Goody Bags

The Oscars are over. If you thought George Clooney was insufferable before, just wait. All of the participants got goody bags worth more than $100,000. Seems the awards by themselves weren't attraction enough for these greedy people. And these same people grouse about the cost of the Republican National Convention. Since I went to NO movies last year, much less any that were nominated, these ceremonies (and the 55 that preceded them in my lifetime) were of no interest to me. Brokeback Mountain lost out to Crash, whatever that was. So, now we'll hear a week of talk shows mulling over that "upset." Simple. Hollywood found out they were sheepherders too.

5 comments:

Lone Ranger said...

A sheepherder is someone who tends a flock, usually on the open range. Also, cowmen meant the term to be derogatory, so I imagine they shied away from "shepherd" because of its Biblical significance.

Trader Rick said...

A Sheepherder by any other name stills smells as bad...

Trader Rick said...

"cowmen?" You mean "cattlemen", the owners of the herds tended by the Cowboys...:)

Lone Ranger said...

There are times when words elude me. But I got close. At least I had the right species. I hear Hollywood is going to do a movie about anti-war protesters next. It will be all about chickenmen.

DAKOTARANGER said...

Cowboys was the same as calling someone a rustler. Cowpoke, cowpuncher, drover all the correct words