Thursday, January 12, 2006

More on Good vs Evil

Ann Coulter did it again. Check out her must read column on the difference between Democrats and Republicans.
In the history of the nation, there has never been a political party so ridiculous as today's Democrats. It's as if all the brain-damaged people in America got together and formed a voting bloc. The Federalists drafted the greatest political philosophy ever written by man and created the first constitutional republic. The anti-Federalists – or "pre-Democrats, as I call them – were formed to oppose the Constitution, which, to a great extent, remains their position today. Andrew Jackson, the father of the Democratic Party, may have had some unpalatable goals, but at least they were big ideas. Wipe out the Indians, kill off the national bank and institute a spoils system. Love him or hate him, he never said, "I'll be announcing my platform sometime early next year." The Whigs were formed in opposition to everything Jackson stood for. The Republican Party emerged from the Whigs when the Whigs waffled on slavery. (They were "pro-choice" on slavery.) The Republican Party was founded expressly as the anti-slavery party, which to a great extent remains their position today.
Oops, there's that picture again. I do have other pictures. Somewhere.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I love her columns. I wish I were as clever. By the way, I love Laura Ingraham, too, and I posted a picture of her on my blog today.

perch vr said...

I don't get it. Anti-Federalists, never heard of them, who are they, did they oppose the constitution, why? Why does Ms. Coulter call them "pre-democrats"? what makes them similar/dissimilar to democrats? I have never heard of democrats being described as "opposed to the constitution" before, where could I find more information on this? This argument of hers looks to me more like unbased opinion than fact. I see no references to any claims.

Lone Ranger said...

You went to public school, didn't you, Ryan. The Antifederalists were persons who opposed ratification of the U.S. Constitution in 1787-1788. This group had been known during the Revolution as Federalists, because they favored a federation of relatively autonomous states rather than the more centralized system advocated by the Nationalists. During the debate over the Constitution, however, the Nationalists began calling themselves Federalists and their opponents became known as Antifederalists.

That's all the education I'm going to give you. For the rest, youre going to have to crack some books or do some googling. Miss Coulter's column is limited by space and she does't have the time to teach us what we should have been taught in grade school.