Thursday, December 01, 2005

Whew!

My cat emerged from under my bed this evening (after 20 hours) to use the litter box. That was a load off my mind. It must have been a load off hers too, because she left behind a deposit about the size of a McDonald's hot apple pie. It was fascinating to watch the litter box dump it into a separate compartment. This opens up a whole new world of gadget shopping. Yesterday, I saw a little remote-control mouse at Petsmart -- like a remote control car. I'd use that at work, but people here are used to seeing rats scuttling down the aisles. Next project: Switch her from dry food to canned.

4 comments:

tugboatcapn said...

"She left behind a deposit about the size of a McDonald's hot apple pie."

Probably would have tasted about the same as well, LR.

Congrats on the new cat...

Be patient. You both have to get aquainted with each other's habits, but you will in time...

I actually like cats alot.

My wife is a dog person (which pretty much makes me a dog person as well...)

My current dog, Sydney, (An eighteen pound, eight year old, AKC registered, pure bred Lahsa Apso monster) has forever converted me to having an inside-the-house dog.

I had always believed that animals belonged outside. I had no earthly idea how much he would add to the quality of my life.

He forever has a place in my home, and when he is gone, I will get another one just like him.

Enjoy our cat. She will make you happy.

tugboatcapn said...

By the way...

Did you REALLY buy an EIGHTY DOLLAR LITTER BOX??

You know what she is going to do in it, don't you??

Lone Ranger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lone Ranger said...

I'm an underworked, overpaid member of the media, remember? Besides, it's half the price of the one you see on TV and I'm told it works better. No poop scooping for me.