Thursday, June 23, 2011

All About Me


OK, I'm back at work.

The estimate on my car repair is $3,500.  That will just cost me the $200 deductible.  And I'm paying another $350 for a scrape on the door that I got when I was given a new parking spot (with concrete pillars on both sides).  Worst thing is, I won't have my car for at least another week or two.

I am driving a Hyundai.  It is the first time in my life that I have driven a foreign car on American soil.  I've owned lots of foreign cars, but only in foreign countries. When I give it gas, it sounds like an Indy race car, as it accelerates at a pace that even an ice cream truck can exceed.

The Geek Squad guy stopped by Wednesday and got my computer sorta running. He's coming back Tuesday to finish the job with some files he didn't have with him.  Seems I contracted a new virus "that's going around."  First time since I bought my first computer -- an Atari 400 in 1980 -- that I've gotten a virus.  That's going to end up costing me at least $300.  He also solved the problem of why I couldn't access my home network.  Seems when he set it up for me last month, he misspelled my password.

Then, Ginger woke up Wednesday with one eye shut.  So, I took her to the vet today and she has a scratch on her eye.  Another $150.  And, I have to apply drops at least three times a day and pain killer every 12 hours.

Just waiting for another shoe to drop.  I didn't know octopi wore shoes.



2 comments:

Joe said...

They only wear sneakers.

Hope things get worked out for you...real good.

1389 said...

Speaking of cars that won't accelerate...In a Yugo... I found a video clip with Top Gear testing a Yugo 45, showing what they did with it afterward.

Back in the day, I had one of the early, underpowered Honda Civics. It often stalled when I hit the gas, such as on expressway on-ramps. A vehicle without enough RELIABLE horsepower is an unsafe vehicle.