Monday, August 30, 2010
How to Be an American
I haven't seen the left in such high drama queen mode since GW got reelected. They are tryng to dismiss the half-million or so people who showed up for Glenn Becks' rally Saturday as irrelevant, while at the same time, calling Beck the most dangerous man in the country. They are even calling the TEA Partiers "un-American."
Calling people who want to protect the Constitution and limit the power of government "un-American? What kind of bizarre thinking is THAT? So, I thought I'd make a small list to show liberals just what it takes to be an American.
1. Trust in God.
2. Revere our Founding Fathers and the founding documents.
3. Stop envying those who are better off than you (fat cats).
4. Stop sneering at those who are not better off then you (rednecks).
5. Stop hating and smearing people simply because they do not believe what you believe (Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin).
6. Instead of searching for the bad in your country, look at the good.
7. Stop searching for the good in socialism and look at the bad.
8. Give your time and money to worthwhile charities.
9. Admit that there are people who are better than you and respect them.
10. Do not fear patriotism.