Monday, August 02, 2010

FYI


I have added a new gadget to my sidebar called, "Featured Links." I (and Tonto, if she likes) will be placing links to interesting sites I/we stumble across in this list. The links will stay there for about a week before they are removed. That should give people time to link to their own blogs or bookmarks, if they like. So, the list will always be changing.

Those of you who follow my Immutable Truths and Talking Points might want to take a look at them, since I've made a few changes. Although the Truths will remain at 25, I've moved a few to the Talking Points list and slightly changed the wording in a few others to read more smoothly. I've changed or removed a few talking points because I lost sight of the fact that they are supposed to be ones I had created myself, not quoted from others. As I said when I started the lists, they are a work in progress.

I have been suffering intense pain for the last 5-6 weeks. It feels like I was kicked in the upper belly by a horse (and yes, I have been). My boss thinks it's shingles (what a terrible word) and another unsolicited opinion says it is acute pancreatitis. I had some bloodwork and x-rays done last Wednesday, so I should find out what it is this week. It hurts just to wear a shirt and when one of my cats brushes her tail against me, it feels like I've been stabbed by an ice pick (and no, I haven't). If it is shingles, I won't be able to visit my grandson until it's gone. I don't want to give him chicken pox. Feel sorry for me, please

This is my latest toy! Is $329 a lot to spend for a litterbox? You betcha! But this goofy-looking contraption works better than any automated litter box I've ever had. I figure it will pay for itself in a year or two just in litter that it doesn't waste. The globe rotates, sifts the litter, dumps the waste into a drawer in the base and leaves the litter looking like a Zen sand garden. All I have to do once or twice a week is replace the trash bag in the drawer. What a "load" off my mind!

2 comments:

Tonto said...

It sounds like shingles but it shouldn't take a week to diagnose and meds lick that quick if caught early so must be something else.

let us know as soon as you know.

Lone Ranger said...

When it takes a month to get an appointment, it takes just as long for anything else.