Friday, July 16, 2010

Notice Anything Different?


Yes, this is the NEW Hawaii Five-O, to premiere on CBS this fall. The series began shooting yesterday (July 15). It stars Alex O'Loughlin as Steve McGarret. I like him as the vampire in Moonlight. Dan-o will be played by Scott Caan. I've never seen him in anything, but he's James Caan's son. My first assignment when I moved to Hawaii in '79 was to cover the filming of an episode of Hawaii Five-O. I met Jack Lord several times. He used to show up for all the change-of-command ceremonies at Hickam AFB. And you just couldn't tool around Oahu without occasionally spotting the production company. I hope this new show lives up to the old one.

6 comments:

Mark said...

I never saw Hawaii 5-0, so I wouldn't know.

Do you know what I'm looking forward to? Due for release on December 25th this year is a re-make of True Grit. The re-make features Jeff bridges as Rooster Cogburn.

I don't see how anyone could do John Wayne's role, but the filmmakers are the Cohen brothers, and they are the best as far as I'm concerned. If anyone can pull it off, they can.

Cyndi L said...

My gosh, what a cast! I loved Grace Park in Battlestar Gallactica too. Can't wait to try out this one :-)

Lone Ranger said...

It pains me to even think about The Duke being replaced. If they're going to remake movies, why don't they remake the real stinkers to make them better?

Jim O said...

Memories. I spent the mid seventies on Oahu ('the rock,' we called it), and I ran into the film crew several times. Once, my friend and I were walking about 50 feet behind his very attractive wife, and caught James McArthur (Danno), on a smoke break, ogling her as she passed him. Memories.

Lone Ranger said...

Yup, she was something. Her job was to hand out the autographed 8 X 10s wherever they would go.

Trader Rick said...

"Book 'em Danno!"