Tuesday, November 17, 2009

WOO HOO! I've Finished My Christmas Shopping!


I placed my last gift order last night, and I received the last gift for myself today. I got an Amazon kindle. It is amazing! Of course the first book I downloaded was a King James Bible for just $4.50. Kindle books are 1/2 to 1/3 the price of regular books. So, I'm thinking the more I read, the more I'll save. Kinda like Obama's economic policy. Spend money to get out of debt. It uses ink that is electronically positioned on the page. So, when I flip the page, it powers up, places the ink and powers down again, in a fraction of a second, saving battery power. The display is larger than the average hard-cover book, and the font size can be adjusted. Since it isn't back-lit, it can be read even in bright sunlight. Oh, and it has a speech function, so if I'm too lazy to read, I can turn it on and it will speak the words. I have someone to read to me at bedtime! No post-purchase regrets this time!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Hey! You can get the New York Times and the Washington Post on that thing!

All the news about the Obamas you could ever want!

Lone Ranger said...

I'm not going to pay good money for people to lie to me. I already get those free in the newsroom. And you won't find my fingerprints or DNA on either of them.

Tonto said...

I am so jealous! That is what I asked for myself for Christmas! Kindle's sound so cool. If I get one, now I know where to go for any questions. Now is there a reason you bought a Kindle rather than a SONY reader at $199? I can't tell which one is better.

Lone Ranger said...

I like the 9.7" display of the Kindle DX. I also like the text-to-speech.

And the biggest factor of all is I didn't know the Sony existed. Not my best example of product research.