Saturday, November 14, 2009

Low-Bow-Mao


Democrat president Barack Obama bows to Japan's Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko 11-09

I'm getting tired of seeing this president present his backside to the American people. This is not a left or right issue. I lived in Japan for six years. And thanks to my wife's job I rubbed elbows with a lot of high-ranking muckety-mucks The leader of the world's only superpower does NOT bow lower than someone else. Obama's bow should not have exceeded 15 degrees. That was not a bow, it was groveling, and it was NOT a sign of respect, but of weakness.

And, it is just goofy to shake hands while bowing. The entire purpose of the bow is to avoid physical contact. So, Obama was not only groveling, he was disrespecting the emperor.

Does he have NO protocol experts on his staff? I wonder if he gave the emperor a gift. Maybe an incompatible boxed set of Powerpuff DVDs?

3 comments:

Jean said...

Probably some low budget anime.

I figured a bow was appropriate, but that was before I saw this picture.

I've done some limited protocol work. I know the White House MUST have some very talented protocol people, so I can only presume they have been fired or are being completely disregarded by this administration.

I continue to be embarrassed for my country by this person (I hesitate to use the term "man" for this president since it insults the gender).

Rob said...

Bow and hand shake? That's kinda like a belt and suspenders.

DAKOTARANGER said...

I was surprised he didn't bow to China's Hu, only facing the other direction.