Monday, May 11, 2009

$1,047.58

THAT was the bill for Guinevere's dental work last week. Gwen is now a $3,000 barn cat. And that's not counting the checkups she's had since I got her nearly four years ago. As I recall, my first cat was a Siamese kitten that my dad got somewhere for $5. And that was fairly high for something that you could find running free in a barn. I could buy 209 cats with just what I spent on Gwen's teeth. I've had a cast on now for more than three weeks, and my ankle is feeling a bit better. I no longer have the constant pain, but it still hurts a bit when a walk. Three more weeks and then we'll see if I need surgery. I don't know if I talked about this before, but I have falling dreams. At least once a day, I'm sleeping soundly and it feels as if the world drops out from under me. I wake up flailing and there are cats jumping in every direction. Well, yesterday, I had one of those dreams. I opened my eyes, and I had one hand on the bed and one on the wall and I was suspended above the floor like Spiderman. It seems that in my SLEEP, I fell out of bed and saved myself with my cat-like reflexes -- which I didn't know I had. Good thing too, because my bed is on risers, and with the four-inch memory foam pad, it's nearly as high as my waist (standing, not lying down). I'm in that place where there is so much corruption and incompetence in government that I don't know where to begin. So I don't. I'll try to start blogging later this week. Time now to learn about the survival of wild African dogs from a show I recorded last night. Then, to bed. Maybe I should put cats on either side of me so I don't roll off. My other blog has earned a grand total of 70 cents since I monetized it. Looks like I'm going to have to provide matching funds if I'm going to give it to charity.

3 comments:

Tonto said...

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/fallingdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=fallingintro

This link interprets falling dreams. You must be anxious or overwhlemed by something.

Mark said...

WOW! You are actually making money blogging?

Either I was wrong about monetizing your blog, or you just get a lot more traffic than I do. In over two years, when I had google ads on mine, I never generated a penny.

Lone Ranger said...

I don't understand it either. It's a purely informational blog, so people aren't even allowed to leave comments or interact. Mind you, I haven't seen a check yet.