Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sam Died

I'm just crying like a baby now.  I got home from work this morning and Sam wasn't there to greet me at the door.  I searched the apartment and couldn't find him.  Then I looked off the balcony and there he was, six stories down.  He fell off during the night.I rushed downstairs, but he was stiff.    
I have him wrapped in plastic in the fridge.  I'm going to have to call the vet clinic to see what to do next. I can't just throw him out with the trash.  That little guy was my best buddy.  Not a day went by when he didn't make me laugh.  
I guess I'll go to bed and try to remain unconscious for eight hours.  Maybe that will help.

8 comments:

Trader Rick said...

So sorry for you, man. You are in our prayers. Bless you.

Cathy said...

Kimosabe,

I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm crying with you right now :-(

Jim O said...

My sympathies. I had to put two cancer-stricken cats to sleep last year. Still not completely over it.

Lone Ranger said...

Thanks, folks. I just got back from the vet clinic. They will cremate him. Sure is peaceful in here.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!

I'm crying with you, too.:,(

Tonto said...

OH LR - I can't believe it.

I am so sorry. How devestating. I had to put one of my dogs to sleep earlier this year and I am still crying about it when I think of her.

But the shock of coming home like that.

Jean said...

I'm so sorry.