Monday, July 14, 2008

And, Here We Go Again

That is Miss USA Crystle Stewart, recovering from a fall during the evening gown competition at the Miss Universe Pageant. Yup. It happened again. Brace yourself for endless reruns of that footage on every media outlet in the country. During the 2007 Miss Universe contest in Mexico City, Miss USA Rachel Smith also tumbled during the evening gown competition. It's deja vu all over again. Because the pageant was held in Vietnam this year, it was my great privilege and honor to cover it (pfft). Luckily, my editor doesn't consider this news any more than I do. I didn't mention the fall in my story. I'll leave that to the day shift.

3 comments:

Trader Rick said...

It's deja vu all over again?

Lone Ranger said...

A famous (for some people) quote by Yogi Berra. "This is like deja vu all over again."

Some other Yogi Berra quotes:

"I want to thank everyone who made this night necessary."

"I made a wrong mistake."

"I didn't really say everything I said."

"Slump? I ain't in no slump... I just ain't hitting."

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

"Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical."

"I wish I had an answer to that, because I'm tired of answering that question."

"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

tugboatcapn said...

Second "Miss USA" in a row that can't walk and smile at the same time...

There's a record that will probably stand until it's broken...