Monday, February 11, 2008

Rambling

I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Star Wars III, and I walked out in the middle of that. But I just might have to go back after seeing this preview. I was very relieved last night to find I was not assigned to the national desk. That meant I didn't have to cover the insipid Grammy Awards. Who cares who won what for things I've never heard? Instead, I got East Asia and someone decided to try to assassinate the president of East Timor. He'll live after getting at least two slugs in the back.
The world's biggest observation wheel began turning in Singapore on Monday evening, with corporate clients paying thousands of dollars for their "inaugural flight," an AFP reporter on board said. The 42-storey-high wheel began its slow revolutions under hazy and partly cloudy skies at about 1055 GMT.
I saw one of those things in Japan. People would take box lunches with them and just spend an hour or however long it took to make one revolution of this huge ferris wheel. I just wondered what would happen if nature called while you were at the top. I had a shepherd's pie for lunch last night. Talk about a crap shoot. Everyone makes them differently and you never know if you'll get one you like. And then it hit me. Dinty Moore beef stew covered with mashed potatoes. Super easy, super fast and super tasty. I'm going to stop by the store this morning and see how it turns out tonight. Don't forget that Valentine's Day is Thursday. Thanks to Cyndi L., I will be dropping my gift in the mail this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that looks really cool. I'm sure the boys and I will be seeing that one, too. :)