Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My Wasted Day

So, after I got off work this morning, I headed for Andrews AFB. I was at the lab a few weeks ago to give some blood and other samples and I got a phone call Friday saying they'd broken the other sample. I got over there and found their computers were down. I asked what they did before they had computers and just got a blank look. So, I killed some time. Had lunch at the BX food court and spent too much money on a Buffalo Soldier and a Tuskegee Airman jacket. I also bought a bottle of Lagerfeld cologne. Whenever I'm at the BX, I spritz myself with cologne as a freebie. Last week, I was at Ft. Meyer and had just sprayed on some Lagerfeld when a passing woman totally out of the blue said," WOW! You smell wonderful!" Lagerfeld went straight onto my shopping list. Anyway, I got back to the hospital and the computers were still down, so I had to drive back home. I'll go again tomorrow after I take Ginger to the vet for some shots. On the way home, I'd been up for 15 hours and could barely keep my eyes open. Even with the top down, I was dozing. I fell straight into bed and then dreamed that I fell asleep at the wheel. I HATE that dream! Although I didn't wake up completely, I have a vague memory of flailing around wildly, thinking I was going off the road. When I woke up, one of the cat beds was on the floor, and my bedside water carafe was tipped over. Luckily, it didn't break and it didn't have much water in it. That's why I hate that dream. I must have slept for only three hours. So, now it's 9 pm and I can barely stay awake. Feather pillows and fleece sheets await me.

5 comments:

Trader Rick said...

I had a drink in the O Club at Andrews with a buddy in 1969...When I was stationed at Ft. McNair in DC.

You're lucky. I had a dream once that I ate this gimongous marshmallow, and when I woke up I couldn't find my pillow!!

Lone Ranger said...

You were an O?

Tonto said...

Ok tell us what the O Club is?

Lone Ranger said...

The O' club is the officers' club -- as opposed to the enlisted men's club. They are kept separate -- so as not to offend the sensibilities of the enlisted men.

Cathy said...

Come on Trader Rick- You have us all curious now.

I always have that falling dream... although a couple of times I have had it but have thankfully landed on a pile of mattresses.