Sunday, December 10, 2006

I Did It!

So, I was driving home from work Saturday morning and made a split-second decision. I veered onto the exit ramp for Ft. Meyer and bought a 42" HD plasma TV. I had to drive home with the top down in 21-degree weather, using my car as a pickup truck. The next challenge was to lug it up to my apartment. I haven't done that much work since I lugged a treadmill up to my apartment -- which is the most exercise I ever got out of it. An hour later, I had unboxed it, assembled it and hoisted it onto my fireplace. That's the only place I could think of to put it for now. I had a spare cable socket, so I plugged it in and got a cable signal. I'll figure out how to configure all my other stuff later. My cats were mesmerized when Meercat Manor came on. I've never seen their eyes open that wide. They actually sat side by side on the couch to watch it. They NEVER sit together. They must think they live in some sort of kitty amusement park. First the Christmas tree and now a theatre, and a bunch of big boxes they can hide in, jump in and out of, and plan ambushes on each other and on me. Life is good -- when I'm not at work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing the chicken wings...in my own super secret sauce :-)

Lone Ranger said...

Ohhhh, now that might be a mistake, for I too make chicken wings with a super secret sauce (which I am willing to share with anyone). The last time I brought them to work, I was told by several people that they were the best wings they had ever tasted -- and they don't even like me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kimosabe. You and your girls deserve a new HD television.

Mark said...

I invited you to Thanksgiving dinner at my palce. Now I expect you to return the favor and invite me to watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy with you.

Lone Ranger said...

Hate to disappoint you folks, but although the tv is HD, my signal is not. I have yet to decide whether to sign up for digital cable. I'm already into the cable company for a hundred bucks a month just for cable plus and broadband.And I hate the idea of having to use a cable box.