Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Another Christmas Gone

When I get home from work this morning, I'm going to take down my tree. I usually leave it up until after the New Year, but it's messing up my feng shui. I had to move some stuff into my bedroom to make room for the tree and can hardly make it to my bed. The cats will miss that tree. I was eating dinner in my recliner last night when suddenly a yellow tree decoration went flying through the air at a height of about seven feet -- closely followed by a black Persian cat. Luckily, all my ornaments are unbreakable. Gwen is one big cat. She can look out the window just by standing on her hind legs and putting her paws on the windowsill. And when she kneads my chest while I'm brushing her, if feels like a Japanese woman is walking on me. Once the tree is back in the closet, I'll have an empty space to put all the video components that I'll remove from my old entertainment center. Then, I move that across the room and replace it with my new video center. Next step, find some dupe to take the old one off my hands. My building no longer disposes of furniture, so I'll have to find someone who will take it for free. I'm going to try to get my apartment into reasonable shape before the New Year -- a Filipino superstition to which I was subjected for 24 years. I still plan to get a 55-gallon aquarium to replace the 30-gallon tank I got when I first moved here. It was the first expensive thing I bought in my new job. Then, I'll be ready for 2007.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before we built our house we lived downtown. Whenever we had something large to get rid of, we simply put it on the curve. No sooner would we get back into our apartment, someone else already snatched it for their very own...

One man's junk....

Andf as far as our decorations... I just finished on Friday... so for the sake of my own sanity... they are staying up... and we are going to enjoy them until the 7th....

Lone Ranger said...

I don't think the manager would appreciate my leaving something on the curb. We used to have a trash room here, but in the remodeling, it somehow disappeared.

I'm not only taking my tree down today, I'm going to toss it. It's about 20 years old. On my way home this morning, I stopped at the
Ft. Meyer PX and picked up a $159 tree for $39. It's 8 feet tall and has about 800 colored LED lights already on it. So, that's something to look forward to next year.

Tonto said...

Is that the same store you bought your television? I wish I had a store with deals like that. Wow!

I had to take my tree down. Nicolas can find something else to shake and knock Christmas balls off with.