Monday, June 05, 2006

Route 666

I've been thinking about maybe taking a little road trip away from the DC area Tuesday.

HONG KONG, June 5, 2006 (AFP) - It comes around every century but that doesn't stop the doomsayers. When the date 06/06/06 arrives Tuesday, some fear that it signifies 666, the Biblical number of the Devil, and will usher in calamities and even the end of the world. While most people will regard Tuesday's date with a smile and others will seize on it as a great marketing ploy, there are a few who are convinced earthquakes, floods or any number of disasters will befall the world.

I'm not worried about floods or earthquakes or any other natural disasters. But lunatic Muslim terrorists who like to play games with numbers do have me a bit concerned.

I hear Ocean City is nice.

1 comment:

DAKOTARANGER said...

Yeah, I forgot it was going to be 06/06/2006. Maybe I better dip my ammo in pigs blood incase an Islamofasceist gets a crazy idea.

The thing that always boggled my mind about people's adversion to 666, not that it's the mark of the Beast but according to Revelations it is also the mark of man