Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Does this soldier really believe this?

Lt. Ehren Watada of the Stryker Brigade writes, "I refuse to be silent any longer. I refuse to watch families torn apart, while the President tells us to ‘stay the course.’ I refuse to be party to an illegal and immoral war against people who did nothing to deserve our aggression.
He may not want to go back to Iraq...if it were my brother I would be scared to death for him but I know why he is going...does this soldier really believe what he is saying? "did nothing to deserve our aggression." Everyone! meet the "new Cindy Sheehan."

2 comments:

Lone Ranger said...

Not everyone who puts on a uniform is capable of being a hero. If he really believed what he's saying, he wouldn't have joined in the first place. He probably figures his rhetoric will get him off the hook, but a bad conduct discharge will brand him for life.

By the way, his unit has never been to Iraq.

Trader Rick said...

I just wonder if this moron is one of those jerks that got the Army to pay for his education, and decides he doesn't want to be a soldier all now that he has to go to war? I find it delightfully delicious that he is to be deployed just six months before his obligation expires...Let him spend the time in the brig.