Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Liberal Vultures Still Feeding

Rosa Parks has been dead for over three months and liberals are still finding ways to make a buck off of her. I got a big envelope from the Southern Poverty Law Center today telling me that if I send in $10, $15, $50, or whatever I can afford, my name will be put up on the National Wall of Tolerance in Montgomery, Alabama. I even got a fancy certificate -- thus the big envelope. Well, I'm not all that tolerant. For instance, I have no tolerance for the greedy thugs at the Southern Poverty Law Center. The SPLC is already the wealthiest civil rights group in America, though their fund-raising letters omit that fact. One pitch, sent out in 1995, when the Center had more than $60 million in reserves, informed would-be donors that the "strain on our current operating budget is the greatest in our 25-year history." Back in 1978, when the Center had less than $10 million, founder Morris Dees promised that his organization would quit fund-raising and live off interest as soon as its endowment hit $55 million. But as it approached that figure, the SPLC upped the bar to $100 million, a sum that one 1989 newsletter promised, would allow the Center "to cease the costly and often unreliable task of fund raising. " At the end of 2003, the SPLC's treasury bulged with $120.6 million, and it spends twice as much on fund-raising as it does on legal services for victims of civil rights abuses. In its entire history, the SPLC has never spent more than 31 percent of its income on actual programs. Whereas many nonprofit organizations spend upward of 75 percent of their budgets on operational programs, the SPLC regularly spends as little as 18 percent. The American Institute of Philanthropy gives the Center one of the worst ratings of any group it monitors. You can find out more about these liberal scam artists here. Whenever you want to understand liberal motives, just follow the money and the power. So, I'm not sending the SPLC a dime. But I'm keeping their mailing labels -- even though I'd have to live a thousand years to use the labels I already have.

No comments: