Friday, September 16, 2005

This Woman is Insane

OK, the period of mourning is over. It's been over a year since Casey Sheehan was killed in Iraq. There can't be a doubt in the world now that Cindy Sheehan is no longer the grieving mother, she is the posing, hateful, unbalanced shill of the so-called peace movement. There can be no doubt now that her dead son is just a tool to be used in her raging against President Bush. Here is her latest column (and does anyone believe she really has the intelligence to write a column?) in which she calls for the military to withdraw from "occupied New Orleans."
One thing that truly troubled me about my visit to Louisiana was the level of the military presence there. I imagined before that if the military had to be used in a CONUS (Continental US) operations that they would be there to help the citizens: Clothe them, feed them, shelter them, and protect them. But what I saw was a city that is occupied. I saw soldiers walking around in patrols of 7 with their weapons slung on their backs. I wanted to ask one of them what it would take for one of them to shoot me. Sand bags were removed from private property to make machine gun nests. The vast majority of people who were looting in New Orleans were doing so to feed their families or to get resources to get their families out of there. If I had a store with an inventory of insured belongings, and a tragedy happened, I would fling my doors open and tell everyone to take what they need: it is only stuff. When our fellow citizens are told to "shoot to kill" other fellow citizens because they want to stay alive, that is military and governmental fascism gone out of control. What I saw today in Algiers lifted up my spirits, but what I also saw today in Algiers frightened me terribly.
OK, first of all, if she were to fling her doors open, her insurance policy would be nullified. And any attempt to file for insurance would constitute fraud, because she would be a willing participant in the looting. Secondly, the reason there are troops in New Orleans is because gangs from as far away as Dallas and Miami have been flooding into the city, bringing their own SUVs, boats and weapons. They are well-armed and well-organized and they have no interest in feeding families. Of course that's something this airhead refuses or is incapable of understanding. Time to stop understanding Cindy's pain. Time to stop sympathizing with a grieving mother. Time to start either heaping derision on her shoulders or ignoring her completely. This is now a no-Cindy zone.

No comments: